4 Class Pack + 6 Months Validity : Botanical Art in Watercolour Workshops with Lucinda Law (June 2019)
4 Class Pack + 6 Months Validity (June 2019 Course)
Botanical & Flora Art In Watercolour & Mixed Media Weekend Workshops with Lucinda Law.
Cultivate and deepen your joyful curiosity for the nature world from an arts perspective in this popular botanical art workshop. Through a series of demonstrations and one-on-one guidance by Lucinda in each workshop, you will:
- learn basic observation, photography, illustration and watercolour skills to improve on your technical presentation.
- be tasked to achieve a set of group and personalised creative challenges and technical aims based on a weekly progress worksheet.
- acquire a range of holistic and creative tips to develop your confidence in arts and enrich your attunement with nature.
Ideal for beginners and all levels of art practitioners who wish to cultivate a nature-inspired art practice using watercolour, mixed media techniques and deepen their appreciation of nature.
Term 1: Jan 12, 19, 26, Feb 2
Term 2: Mar 23, 30, Apr 6, 13
Term 3: June 1, 8, 15, 22
Term 4: Sep 7, 14, 21, 28
Venue: Classes are held in Pollen Restaurant at Gardens by the Bay (Terrace). The workshop at Pollen comes with a guided tour by Lucinda and drinks/pastry set by POLLEN.
Time: 9:00am to 11:30am
Price: S$550 for 4 class packages or $995 for 8 class packages. Single-visit S$145.00.
Workshop fees includes:
- Choice of four workshops within 6 months period from the date of your first workshop.
- Botanical subjects are provided all classes.
- You'll bring your own art materials and additional materials as we progress.
- Certain watercolour paint for specific training will be provided at certain workshops.
Flower Dome sessions
- Free entry to the Flower Dome.
- Guided tour of the Flower Dome by Lucinda before the class
- POLLEN breakfast set of pastry & a choice of beverage
- Botanical materials
*Missed workshops which are cancelled outside the 12 hours cancellation window period are non-refundable.
What you'll learn:
• Essential guide to basic watercolour painting: Materials and everything you need to know to start your art practice confidently.
• Wet-in-Wet techniques: Conquering water versus paint ratio and control in water evaporation timing.
• How to mix and achieve attractive, translucency and vibrant mix/blend of watercolours without it turning murky or chalky.
• Colour mixing drills: how to unlock the magic combination of your colours in your palette.
• Essential troubleshooting tips rarely shown on online painting videos.
• Live and up-close demonstrations by Lucinda.
• Personal guidance to improve your techniques weekly. Everyone have different learning phases, so you'll pick up your own techniques/ challenges set by Lucinda personally for you from your last session based on your progress worksheets.
For students who achieved more than 8 lessons or have experiences in watercolour painting.
• Essential steps to the dry brush techniques for detailed work
• Tips, drills and practice to achieve definitions in your work.
• Combination of painting techniques: why, how, when to use them for what effects?
• Finding your own creative flow- personal techniques, habits, style, subjects.
• Introduce to new 'must-have' colours for your palette and how to combine them.
• How to paint challenging colours such as whites, black and yellow flora.
For other workshops, course, small-group or corporate workshops and overseas creative retreats, write to us at email@example.com for enquiries.
I look forward to a time well spent with you to cultivate your creative nature. See you soon.
May you light up within, Lucinda.
About Lucinda Law
Lucinda Law is a botanical artist, teacher, writer and Founding director of Within, a nature-led creative studio and consultancy. Within started as a nature-led creative consultancy and studio in 2016 with an objective of depicting the beauty of the nature, linking people to nature, developing a community of nature-led art patrons and supporting the cause of nature conservation through arts. Within has worked with over 40 collaborators, with a diverse client list such as Singapore Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore National Gallery, Changi Airport Group, Mandai, Banyan Tree, Chanel, Leica and American Express.
Lucinda holds an MA in Fine Arts and as a self-taught watercolorist, she was later trained in intermediate botanical illustration at Kew Gardens, London. She has more than 8 years of teaching experience in tertiary arts and design institute in Singapore. At Within, she programmes and conducts botanical art workshops, courses and immersive creative retreats that brings city dwellers into nature spots to enhance their attunement with nature, creative practice and well-being.
[ Sat ] - [ Sat ]
9:00 AM - 11:30 AM SGT
- Pollen, Flower Dome, Gardens by the Bay
4 Class Pack + 6 Months Validity $550.00
- Venue Address
- 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953 Singapore